Friday, September 16, 2011

Hallie's Week in Vegas

Hallie got to go to my Mom's for the week while Matt and I were in Cancun. I was very nervous about leaving her more for me than for her she loves to be at grandmas and there is always someone to play with or something to do. We left Saturday morning in the wee hours so luckily she was still asleep as I kissed her multiple times and promised to come back soon. Saturday after getting up and ready she went with papa and grandma to the stake baptisms that my dad was conducting and Nate was playing the piano at. I guess she thought it was pretty cool that papa was conducting and Nate playing the piano and kept pointing them out and saying their names not so reverently. Later they packed up and headed for St. George to stay with Kim and Ez for the day. They went to Fiesta fun and played games as well as rode rides. Hallie was to short but wanted her picture taken by the alligator while everyone else rode the ride.

Grandma, of coarse, spoiled her by letting her ride all the ride and play all the games that she could play. Kim was so good to climb through the play area with her although she was less than enthused.



Sunday morning everyone headed to Rigden's(Nic & Kyle) baby blessing in Cedar City. We were so sad that we missed it but glad that Hallie got to go and be part of Rigden's special day.



Monday was spent hanging out and doing some shopping of coarse Sportsman's Warehouse has to be included in every St. George trip.



The rest of her week was spent swimming in the pool, at the park, or playing in the play room with whom ever she could convince to play. Once we got back we decided to stay for a couple more days. We did some shopping and swimming which are musts in Vegas.


Saturday before heading for home we stopped to eat at In N Out(Nate has been working there for about a month now) and to the aquarium.




The hightlight may have been the escalator rides or the four wheeler ride with Maddi and her friend.


We took our time getting home stopping Saturday night to stay with Kim and Ez and after a lazy morning headed to Nic & Ky's for lunchand some more hanging out before heading for Northern Utah. I had to get in some cuddle time that I had missed the previous week.

I was a long time to be away but it only made it that much better to come home. I guess the entire week she told whom ever would ask that her mommy was at work taking care of the "sick babies." Then would remember we went on a airplane I guess at least she didn't say she had been abandoned. My mom and Kim were so good to take pics and keep me updated on how Hallie was doing. I really appreciated that she asked for a schedule of what Hallie's normal day is like and did her best to keep her on that. I am so blessed to be surrounded by wonderful family to help us raise Hallie, could you ever ask for more?

2 comments:

*karen* said...

I'm so jealous! I want to go back to Cancun! We went there on our honeymoon and went to Xel-ha too, and that place was my favorite! I'm happy you guys had lots of fun :)

Lindsay said...

Holy cow! Look at her long hair! Good for you for taking some time for you and Matt!