Friday, December 4, 2009

Blessings

Matt and I have been so blessed in the short time we have been married. Many things have happened recently to make me realize how truely blessed we are. We went on a date last night to see Blindside and to dinner. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it is one of the cleanest and best movies we have seen in a long time. Not to give the show away but a southern family takes in a kid from the projects and some of the things that it shows he went through were enough to bring both Matt and I to tears and it made it even worse as I thought of how blessed we are to know that Hallie will hopefully never have to worry about having a warm and safe place to sleep or ever wonder if her parents love her. It has also become a tradition of ours to sponsor a family for Christmas that is always so humbling when a child asks for some warm clothes for Christmas, how truely blessed we are. Second I have wanted to be a mom for as long as I can remember and after having Hallie I wanted nothing more than to stay home with her. Well that dream has now become a reality. Oh coarse there is some anxiety that come with this decision given that I have been the breadwinner in our family since we got married. But Matt and I both thought and prayed about it alot and felt like I should stay home and we would find a way to make it work. Well I don't know why I was so worried I should know by now that once God has a plan it will happen and it will all work out and it has. So I am officially now a STAY AT HOME MOM!!! I am so excited. There are so many things both Matt and I are grateful for and probably not enough space to list it all but I am grateful for gentle reminders that God is aware of our needs and wants. And although there are times that I feel very picked on I try to remember times like these so the picked on thoughts are very short.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

What a great post. It's amazing to look at all our blessings, especially for our families and the love and support they've given to us. I am so thrilled for you that you get to stay at home with Hallie.