Friday, August 24, 2012

Life as of Late


 

 The other night Hallie asked if Gracie could swing with her and I couldn't find any reason to tell her no so in the swing she went and after the first push I wondered why I hadn't put her in it much sooner. She loved it to say the least. Hallie and Gracie both giggled and had a great time Hallie pushed Gracie while I changed the sprinkler and sat on the grass soaking in the moment. My 2 sweet girls laughing and enjoying each other what a wonderful blessing...these are the nights I don't want summer to end. Video at bottom of this post

 This year we got serious about a garden and about improving our "green thumb." In the spring we expanded our garden and got to work preparing and later planting various seeds/plants and we are now seeing the results from our work. We planted peas, spinach, lettuce, tomatoes, lemon cucumbers, regular cucumbers, spaghetti squash, beets, zuchinni, pumpkins, and corn. We have already bottled our beets and we now have more tomatoes and zuchinni than we know what to do with. It has been nice to realize that I can learn new things while teaching Hallie to. At this point she loves to help with everything(weeding, watering, and of coarse the picking part) I told Matt last night some dat we will have this gardening thing down to a science.
The love Pinterest I really do and I told myself when I really got into it that I had to complete at least 1 project a week because whats the point in pinning something you will never use? I am happy to report we have had so much fun from all the new awesome recipes I have found to the craft projects to preschool activities we have had a lot of fun. These are the girls "Tangled" wigs Hallie is very into Tangled right now and when I saw this I knew I had to make her one and we can't leave sister out so of coarse Gracie needed on too...Im so grateful that Hallie always wants Gracie to be apart of whatever she is doing.
Matt has been traveling a TON and when I say a ton I truly mean it like gone at least 3 days a week it has been hard but we are managing and I think Im getting quite good at it. I should have known this was coming it talks about it in my patriarchal blessing but I just keep telling myself I was raised to be a strong independent women and although I would rather have Matt around I have been raised and given the tools to take care of myself and my girls.
Now on a not so bright note Gracie got sick for the 1st time really this past week. She is such a good baby and Sunday night she cried pretty inconsolably for over an hour in the middle of the night. I was a little panicked but felt in my gut that she was ok. Monday she started a low grade fever and that night she cried for even longer. Having a sick child is the worst feeling in the whole world....your so helpless. Tuesday she spiked a temp of 104(Im not comfortable with that) and we were heading to 7-Peaks with Kim & Ez so before we left I decided to run her up to the dr they found she had a bad cold virus, was teething, and the very beginning of an ear infection(1st and hopefully the last). We made the choice to go ahead and treat her and after another rough night she seemed to be on the mend. She has still be pretty happy but at night it seems like it always gets worse. I didn't realize how much I missed the twinkle in her eye and that genuine smile she gives freely when she is herself. I really enjoy my time with the girls being silly and fun.

No comments: