Friday, August 10, 2012

To Grandma's House We Go

This past week we headed to the airport to take the quick flight to visit grandma in Las Vegas. It gets even better...I was able to go with both my sisters too. Since this has been in the works for quite some time I think Hallie had started to wonder if we ever really would go to grandmas. While in the line for security there was an Asian lady in front of us in line. Hallie got really excited and said "Look mom its Mulan." I couldn't help but laugh...what a cute naive girl. My excited girls on the flight down. We had planned on sitting with Nic but with our 3 babies and us there were only 4 oxygen masks so we settled for sitting behind them. Gracie slept on the flight while Hallie colored and read stories. The flight attendance came around to take our drink order(which Hallie was super excited about) then there was to much turbulence for them to pass them out so no juice=a sad girl but nothing some fruit snacks can't fix.
 Once we got there and settled in for the night we got the girls tucked into bed. Sunday we went to church and when we came home my mom pulled out all the stuff she had bought for the girls. Among them was this cute bumblebee that will be perfect for Gracie for Halloween(so when you see this same pic in a couple months "bee" surprised..haha)

 After church, naptime, and dinner it was bath time. My mom has the perfect sink for bath time. My chubby baby...what a happy girl she is. She has always liked bath time but this time for some reason she started splashing, playing with the bubbles, and laughing it was so fun to watch. I was glad my family was able to be a part of it.
And with lots of play comes lots of sleep. I would say this picture sums up the fun we had.
 This is Rigs dump truck that grandma got for the sand box or backyard but he liked it more for a chair.
 Gracie loved the pool I wish I would have remembered her floater we probably could have let her float all day. After this summer I am hopeful that she does in fact have my skin and not Matts' which burns easily.

 Hallie initially was not a fan of the pool because she wanted to be held the entire time. Then enter in the start shaped floaty..she was set to go. I love this pic
 My cheesy poser these days every time I tell her I want to take a picture she poses but I will take this over the acquired smile any day.
 Maddi is the best aunt that is still young enough to want to play. Here is Hallie getting ready to be a princess...rollers and all.

 Most of our time was spent being lazy and watching olympics, floating in the pool, or sleeping. But Tuesday we ventured out to a field trip to Petco for a tour. Hallie loved seeing all the different animals...me not so much. Im not a fan of rodents or reptiles which was most of what they showed us. This is Hallie after she was petting the gerbil.
 Just before we were ready to head the the airport we got a pic with grandma probably the last pic of three of them before Luke joins the group in early October.
 Then the circus was off to the airport. A circus we did look like 3 kids under three, a prego girl, and 2 tired mommies. Thanks heavens for skycap and priority TSA and boarding. In the middle of the process our sweet Gracie gave up and went to sleep(I can't even say enough what a good baby she is)
 On the flight home Hallie wanted to sit by aunt Kim so Nic and I sat together with the babies. Rigs fell asleep pretty quick which was a huge blessing. The girls were good and had snacks and drinks til we got to Salt Lake. Kimber was my life saver the last little bit of the flight the turbulence was so bad that I had to give Gracie to Kim to hold because I was so sick. It took a few minutes on the ground to even get my bearings back.


 Hallie finally got her juice
 Once we got home we decided to it was about time to buy this little Tigger a bouncer....she hasn't been disappointed. I have been meaning to post her 6 month(almost 7 month stats) wt-15lbs 8oz(28%), ht-26 3/4 in(73%) and head 16.1in(7%)  


No comments: