Saturday, April 11, 2009

Changing in the Blink of an Eye


If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you. Winnie the Pooh
So since I have been pregnant I think alot about what got Matt and I to this point in our lives from all the drama and fun in high school, first dates, first kisses, missions, college, jobs, and so on. We have been married almost 3 yrs, and known each other for 12 yrs. I know it seems like a line when people tell you to marry someone who makes you want to be a better person and your best friend. But I am here to tell you that it happens, hopefully some if not all of you know what I am talking about. I never married Matt thinking that we would change each other but I think that when I have taken a look back both Matt and I have changed alot and if I do say so myself, we compliment each other perfectly. When we first got married I was very uptight, liked to be in control, and OCD just to name a few. Now, not so much! I realize now that the dishes will wait til tomorrow in order to cuddle on the couch, the floor can be dirty and it wont hurt anyone in order to go on a walk, that money doesn't grow on trees but it should be used to build your relationships for date nights and weekends away. Now some of you may be thinking that all of this is common sense for you but I had to learn this and luckily I was sent the perfect eternal companion for me to help teach me this. The best part is that Matt has no idea that he has done it. So here is hoping that all you other couples write your life stories together that they are filled with love, joy, and happiness in growing together for a better tomorrow. I found these quotes I really like and it they go exactly with this theme.
I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but also for what you are making of me. I love you for the part in me that you bring out. Elizabeth-Barrett-Browning

3 comments:

The Holmgrens said...

All I can say is Amen to that and dito times 2!! I couldn't have said it better!

Becca Lund said...

You two are too cute! I am so excited for you guys to become parents -- and excited for you to find out the gender! I'm sitting on the edge of my chair!

rigbyspot said...

Great thoughts Nat! Hope you're feeling good.