Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Our Fun Weekends

I hate that my family lives so far away because we have so much fun when were together but it helps that we get together about once a month and make memories that will last forever. Dad, Mom, Nate, & Maddie got here Friday night just in time to say hello and goodnight we were all really tired. Saturday I had to work so the rest of the family went skiing with out me, I heard they had a lot of fun. We all got home about the same time Matt fixed us a wonderful dinner while I showered. The next morning we woke up to find 6 inches of new snow, you would have thought it was Christmas. Dad and Mom both took turns shoveling the driveway(they said they missed that..crazy huh) After some killer breakfast Matt and Nate finished the driveway but it was snowing so hard it didn't last to long to need shoveling again. They ended up cancelling church..which was awesome! So we headed to Tremonton to visit Grandpa N., Grandma R., and Grandma H. We had a great time! This is me, mom, and hallie, with my mom's grandma.

Hallie really liked Nate and his sunglasses, I don't know if he would admit it but he and Hallie are quite the buddies!

This was the scene on the way home in the car. It was a long day for everyone

But after a short nap everyone was ready for some fun in the snow. We buit a snowman but of coarse we had Nate and matt that didn't want it to be just a snowman so it became a snow ninja. I think having kids allows the parents to become kids again. It is awesome. This is Hallie's 1st snow figure.haha



Working on the Masterpiece

Posing next to the ninja

The worst parts of visits is the see ya laters(my family stopped calling them good byes when my Grandma Norr died many years ago because good bye seems to sad and permanent so see ya laters are easier to deal with)Below are some priceless pics. Hallie walks around still looking for grandpa and saying his name. Its cute but she doesn't quite get that he is gone back to vegas. Good thing we will see them again in less than 2 weeks.

This pic was an awesome candid pic my mom was dancing with Hallie right before they left(I had to have a pic of that) by the time I got my camera out and on I snapped this shot just in time for a touching see ya later betwen grandma and her grand daughter. I don't know if it can be described better than that.

Come back soon we miss you already.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Fun! I love that last picture of Hallie and Grandma. Hope your parents are doing well. Tell them hello!