Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The thoughts of a 28 Week Mommy

So I have had a lot of thoughts lately. Ones that I wouldn't normally share for fear that people would think that I was ungrateful or a big wimp. But you know what if thats the case then so be it I feel like I need to remember these times to cherish the especially good times. So here goes nothing. I hate being pregnant, pretty much everything about it. Its all selfish of coarse I don't like feeling crappy, being limited on what I can do and of coarse the gaining weight part. So yesterday we went to the dr to check on our little one. They took us back to the room did weight and blood pressure you know all that fun stuff. I got on the scale to find that I had gained 7 lbs in the last month. Now I can say that most days I can fill my insecurities with thoughts of this precious bundle that will soon be joining us but sometimes it doesn't work so well(yesterday was one of those days). So now my total count is 22lbs(can't believe I am sharing that with the world but I can't even remember how much I gained with Hallie and now I'm curious). After 2 long reassuring visits one with my dr and the other with Matt I am back trying to think happy thoughts of where all this weight is going. Second, I think being a stay at home mom is in fact at times harder than working ever was. I remember when I was pregant with Hallie my lunch breaks were spent napping or something of that nature now I feel that somedays I am lucky to get lunch! But to be honest I wouldn't change a thing. I love the way that life has worked its self out to this point. This is where I have to state what I think is one of God's greatest tender mercies. Everyones have a different name...mine just happens to be Matt. I will be honest I have been very blessed with a helpful and capable husband all of the time. But I truely can say that throughout this pregancy I have fallen in love with him all over again. He is getting very good at reading my mind. He does things before I even have time to ask. He never makes me feel like a burden, although thats exactly how I feel. He never expects anything in return and continues to give 110%. I really don't know how I got so lucky and blessed. So just a few minutes taken to remember the true and important parts of life.

3 comments:

Becca Lund said...

Being pregnant sucks, I agree! Which is why I never will do it again.... Well, maybe some day.

Matt is just as lucky to have you, as you are to have him. You guys are great together, great people, great parents!

ereksonprincesses said...

I love when people are real!! I feel like a complete crazy woman when I am pregnant! (maybe it's my true self!) But you are so blessed to have someone that adores you and loves you so much! Hang in there it will all be worth it soon!

Lindsay said...

I love your honesty Nat! Being pregnant is hard. I was actually opposite with pregnancy. I really enjoyed being pregnant. I felt better about my body then- just because I felt like I was carrying something so special. Then, I felt super fat and depressed after having Drake. Everyone has different feelings and different insecurities. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I look at you and think, Oh, you are so blessed! I would do anything to quit my job and have another kid right now! haha. Just goes to show, we all want what others have huh! I'm sorry you are feeling so sick! I'm so scared to be pregnant someday and have a toddler running around- it's got to be so exhausting!!!