Monday, September 8, 2008

Moments where patience is a virtue




Well so Thursday after working 13 hours I got to my car took a minute to relax and decided I needed to go to the Smith's case lot sale while I had the energy. I backed out of the stale and headed for the exit as I was driving down the path a heard a low crunch and turned around to see a young girl back into my new car! Needless to say I was very unhappy, I got out just as she did and then what she said surprised me, "Was that my bad?" I held my composure and told her yes that I had the right of way and then headed to see the damage on the side of the car. The large dent started half way down my passenger side door to the wheel well on the back of the car. I of coarse called the cops and security at the hospital who responded promptly probably the highlight of the securities day and the low of the police officers. I then found out the girl was 18 and had only been driving 1 year. Then a witness to the accident confirmed that she had hit the gas just in time to crunch my passenger side. She still thought it was my fault go figure. So now the insurance company will figure it out but patience is definitely a virtue and one that I lack most of the time.

2 comments:

The Holmgrens said...

I'm glad you didn't get hurt! That's never fun...I'm sorry about your car! I hope everything works out! So when are we going to see you guys again??

Larson Letters said...

Man that sucks! I'm glad you weren't hurt. I just put a pretty good dent in our new horse trailer a week ago. I was so mad at myself for not being a little more careful. At least this wasn't your fault. I can't believe that girl.