Wednesday, September 10, 2008

New Job

Well I have been waiting til I let the correct people know before I make the announcement that I got a new job! Now this may not sound to exciting to most of you but the thought of not having to get up at 3AM anymore thrills me more than most things in this life. So what is this new job you ask? Well it is a manager position at a nursing home/rehabilitation center near our house and even closer to where the new house will be. I start Sept 22, my official title is the manager of the long term wing. I will be responsible for many things that I am unsure of at this point. I will now be working Mon-Fri for the most part, no holidays, weekend, I work "normal" human hours 9-3 at least and more to get my work done. Best of all it is salaried and I got a large raise. This will put kids on the back burner for yet another while due to the fact that they ask for a two year commitment but hey that two years give us a chance to travel, pay off land, and hopefully build the dream house before the expensive kids arrive. Matt and I are thrilled about the thought of having normal sleep schedules and not being tired and grumpy all of the time. I know this isn't the most exciting news of all but it's life.

3 comments:

Becca Lund said...

Congratulations! Normal working hours are a huge improvement! Maybe with weekends off we can do something fun together!

Todd and Melissa Titensor said...

That is awesome. Normal hours are just wonderful!! Are you going to miss the kids in the NICU?

The Holmgrens said...

YAY for you! Congrats! I hope that you like it and that everything works out! And I just have to say ... HOORAH normal hours!