Friday, September 19, 2008

Memories and learning from them

A funny thing happened yesterday and it brough back alot of memories for me as a kid. So we have some cute neighbor kids that think that our house is the new place to play(I don't know why we have no toys or anything)well the youngest who is six came over last night just as Matt and I were leaving to go running and asked if he could play we told him we were leaving but when we got back he could come over. He seemed a little bummed but Matt and I left and didn't think a thing of it. On our way back we ran into his sister and she thanked us for the chocolate chips we didn't think much of it til we got home and realized that neither one of us had given him chocolate chips. So after alot of discussion about what we should do we went back over and asked the sister about the chocolate chips like who had them, when did we give them to them, ect. Through this process we found that the little brother had gone into our freezer that was in the garage after we left and got himself a bag of chocolate chips! The sister went to tell the mom and soon after the littlest boy was on our porch with an apology but no chocolate chips! We said that we forgave him and that he needed to not do it again or he couldn't come play. I then told him a story about myself.
When I was in kindergarten a girl brought smarties for the whole class but i wanted more than just one so on break I got into her backpack and took some more smarties and also a small bottle of perfume that she had. I got home and spread my smarties out on my bed and sprayed the perfume. My mom then came in and asked where I had gotten the candy and perfume I, of coarse lied, to not get in trouble. When the truth finally came out my mom loaded me in the car and took me to the girls house I remember crying all the way and throwing a tantrum I'm sure. We pulled in the driveway I had to walk to the door by myself and explain to ther girl and her mom what I had done and give all of it back. I still remember being so embarrased. I concluded my story by saying and thats why we don't take other people's things. Then we went to depart ways the dad said he was a little disappointed that we were so easy on him. I was a little thrown off by this because he isn't my child and Matt and I didn't feel like it was our place to discipline him. Were we wrong? What would you have done? But either way it was a good drive down memory lane to remind me that we ware all human and we have to learn sometime. Thanks mom and dad from making me fix my mistakes so they never happened again.

2 comments:

jessica london said...

I would not have been any more harsh than you were. that is cute that you guys play with the neighbor kids and I like it when the parents actaully make them do the right thing. Sucks about your car. when are you building your dream house Iwe need to do lunch I have mon tue, wed and sat off this week call me!

The Olsen Family said...

Hi Nat! It sure sounds like you and Matt have lots of fun. It has been awhile since I talked to you. Your blog is cute!