Monday, October 12, 2009

2 weeks and eating my words already


Where does the time go? So here Hallie is just over 2 weeks old and I find myself wondering where did the last 2 weeks go? It is somewhat frustrating realizing that time is flying. I told Matt while I was pregnant that I would never do it again but I now understand why everyone said I would change my mind and I totally have. Most people also said that after quite a bit of time had passed after the delivery I would forget and be willing to do it again. Well Matt and I attempted to go on a date friday and as we were driving I told Matt I was ready to do it again he laugh and asked if I was kidding but I wasn't and I'm not all the pain, discomfort, weight gain, sleepless nights are worth one look from the beautiful child when you realize they are yours forever regardless of what life may bring. She is currently sleeping on my lap(heaven forbid she ever gets put down). I also said that I would be fine leaving her and that was not true. Friday my mom was nice enough to watch Hallie since Matt had made plans for us. I was ok til it was time to go then I cried all the way to the restaurant so our date turned into take out with the fam and a nice 30 drive to and from the restaurant. Maybe next time. Only time will tell what more I will eat my words on.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh, I so understand! I never thought I would mind leaving my children for daycare, and I tell you, it rips my heart out! I will say it gets easier, but it is still hard, I won't lie. She is completely darling and I am so happy for you and Matt!

TMB said...

I know the feeling of not wanting to leave the baby...and feeling like you would do everything all over again. Although, I can't say I have "forgotten" anything yet. ha ha! So sweet and tiny. I sent your gift from D,L,B and us with my mom.