Monday, October 12, 2009

Feeling inadequate



So earlier last week I had my first of I'm sure several feeling inadequate moments. I knew they would come but little did I know how scary they would be luckily I have a great husband and mom that helped me through it. So here is how it all went. We had had a couple very busy days visiting family and taking pictures. After taking pictures on weds we headed home and I noticed Hallie was acting a little different than usual. She slept so sound I kept checking to see if she was breathing(which I do quite frequently anyways)but it was different. She woke up at five hours and ate and immediately went back to sleep which doesn't happen. So I was now worried she didn't even wake up to have her bum changed so I immediately ran the nurse assessment through my head(which I also do quite frequently) and all seemed well but something just didn't feel right. I fell apart and my mom suggested that Matt give her a blessing. Matt's face was priceless as he realized her would be giving her her first father's blessing. It was beautiful and ultimately she was fine. Oh one of the amny moments I have realized what a blessing our little Hallie is in our lives.

1 comment:

TMB said...

I love how Gma is holding Hallies hand. She is so sweet Nat, I can't wait to hold her. You look beautiful, what a great mom. Congratulations!