Thursday, March 31, 2011

18 Months!

Not that it is a surprise to anyone but I still am always wondering where the time goes. Our little Hallie turned 18 months on Saturday! And yesterday at her appt she proved why we can still call her "little." She currently weighs 19 lb 15 oz (2%) so close to 20 lbs but not quite yet! Height was 31.5 which is in the 30's somewhere. If you cant tell Im more concerned with her weight. Developmentally she continues to be above average so our pediatrician said we will just keep doing what we are doing and maybe someday she will gain wait...maybe? This has been a really fun age. Everyday brings new fun things and also new challenges. Hallie has recently decided that she loves the outdoor and would like nothing more than to spend her whole day outside so hopefully spring will come and stay soon so we can do that. We are getting ready to plant our garden and are still working on being good at gardening for sure. Some of Hallie's more recent changes have included being either more adventurious or clumsy(Im not sure which), becoming obsessed with leap frog dvds(she would watch them all day if we let her), her vocabulary is crazy but at the same time not always clear to understand. We bought a Treehouse Museum pass and my goal has been to take her once a week just to give her some play/imagination/social time. So far she has really enjoyed it. We are getting ready to get rid of the high chair and sit her at the table before she decides to jump from the high chair. She is a huge helper some of her favorites are putting laundry away, vaccuming, and mopping the floor. She has become like my mini shadow and much more attached than she ever has been. She always cries when we drop her off at the babysitter(usually briefly) it still breaks my heart every time. She has had more mellow days where she just wants to sit on your lap and read or watch a movie(Im never opposed to cuddle time). We are completely off the bottle(Hallie didn't even care) but we are still attached to the binki and I have decided that Im fine with that we will get rid of it at some point. She would suck on it all day if you would let her but she only gets it at naptime and bedtime, so someday it will be gone. I have been doing a lot more crafting lately, it has been fun to find and explore my more domestic side. I feel like I can never quite put into words all of the things Hallie is doing and accomplishing. I just want to remember every minute. My talented sister in law took some 18 month pics hopefully I will get them to post soon.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I will have them for you this weekend on a disc! I promise! :) Maybe even sooner! :) Love ya!