Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July

I look forward to the 4th of July mostly because of family get togethers. It also hold a lot of tradition for my family as well as our little family. Since Matt and I got married we have spent the 4th in Deweyville. The breakfast, parade, candy drop, and party at Hatch's is unmatched by anything I have ever been to. It was all that much better this year when my entire family was able to be together.
The Mommy and her baby

How can you not love these two goofballs

Getting in some cuddle time

Hallie thought it was funny to cover daddy's eyes on the way to the parade

Before the parade the boys found a great way to entertain Hallie every time they would stop she would say more can you tell she liked it from the grin on her face?!


Our little family that will be one more next year can't wait

Grandma loving her newest bundle of joy

The princesses

Our great friends let Hallie ride their pony it was just about her size.

At Hatch's BBQ I love having the time to catch up with people that I otherwise wouldn't have. I wish I could say that little bundle of joy Im holding was ours but sadly not he is my sister nics..lucky girl

And this year we tried something a little different. Wadman, Matt's company, is very supportive of all the activities they have in Ogden and for that they are given tickets to a lot of the venues which we have been very fortunate to attend this year we got tickets to the Rockin 4th which included the Demolition Derby and the fireworks. My sister and Matt's mom had never been so we knew it would be fun.
Our little family enjoying the derby

Hallie has unbelievable rhythm so she may have enjoyed the parts they played music more than the cars(which initially she thought were too loud)

After a while grandpa gave her a frisbee but for some reason she thought her head went through it...silly girl


After they started the heat Kim had a big smile on her face I think everyone really enjoyed it. The best part were the trucks near the end they were way more entertaining than the cars. One truck ever got pushed over twice.

Hallie rarely if ever picks her nose(which I'm grateful for..gross) but Kim got this great pic that she assures me will be on her wedding video someday

Hallie really liked the fireworks and every time one would go off her eyes would light up and she would say "whats that" so cute these times we cherish because we will never get them back.

All of the festivities made for a long and eventful day I think we will be recovering at our house for at least a couple more days but it was worth it. I told Matt on the way home in the car we will never remember how tired we are just the great memories that were made on days like today no amount of sleep or money is worth that. We are so blessed to live in a free country and to have so many willing people to protect it. Happy 4th!

2 comments:

*karen* said...

Looks like you guys had a fun and very busy 4th! Sooo...you said next year you guys will have one more to add to your cute family?! I don't know if it's just a future plan or you're really expecting...but whichever, that's so exciting to hear :)

Lindsay said...

What! Are you expecting???