Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Date Night

It is no secret that recently I have become pretty emotional about pretty much everything from the news to all of the Christmas traditions going on around me(really this is a horrible time to be prego). Well for some reason date night this week was no different. Matt and I are like a lot of couples with young kids out there that aren't always the best at getting out and dating weekly and sometimes even monthly but I also know that the times that we do our marriage, our love for one another and our little family grows. So as the days draw closer to having our new little girl I find myself cherishing all the date nights we have had lately. One date night that has become somewhat of a tradition at our house is attending the Motab Christmas Concert. Historically this concert holds a special place in my heart and Matt and I's relationship. While dating in high school I attended the concert a couple of times with Matt and even shared one of our very first kisses after the concert in the underground parking...how romantic right?! So each year as we attend the concert I get giddy thinking of the significance this concert holds to me and getting to sit next Matt and relive one of my favorite Christmas past times. This year was no different although the dynamics have changed a bit. Matt and I have been married five years, have to find a babysitter, and plan a little more in advance than we used to but the feelings are all still the same. After a wonderful dinner we enjoyed the concert hand in hand and after wandered back through temple square to where we parked as we talked about fun things both past and present. What greater blessing is there than to have married your best friend??? I don't think there is one.

No comments: