Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Hallie's New Room

In anticipation of the arrival of the new baby we decided to move Hallie downstairs. This decision was not made easily or without lots of discussion. Ultimately it doesn't make a lot of sense to have a five bedroom house and have your 2 girls share a room. I think that when the time comes that everyone will sleep better with their own room. I hate that Hallie is downstairs it seems so far away at night. We did however move the video monitor downstairs with her so I can see her at anytime which helps a lot. Saturday night(1st night) was a nightmare Hallie was up every half hour from 1-5AM. But since then she actually gets excited to sleep in her new room. Before moving her to the basement she was getting up at least once a night for what seemed like just to say hi and be tucked back in and since her initial night downstairs she has slept the entire night and acts throughout the day like she slept better...I know I have. Although I am still fearful that something will happen and I wont be able to get to her(which will be a worry probably her whole life)the new arrangement seems to be working well. We let Hallie pick the color she wanted her wall, within reason, and then my artsy husband actually painted the tree, leaves, and blossoms on the wall(yeah he has skills). I think as a whole with a few more little girl touches it will be just what we wanted.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

That turned out super cute! I am impressed!! Can't wait to see it in person! :)

Lindsay said...

Darling! Matt is talented!