Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Gracie-4 Months



I really can't believe it has already been 4 months someone asked me the other day if I had started her on solids after letting the question sink in a minute I realized that I guess she could start having solids anytime now...she really is old enough to do that! I think once they hit about 3-4 months they start to change so much. She loves to suck on her fingers usually 2 of them but sometimes 3. She gagged herself once that I have seen(she didn't like that) and hasn't done it since. I guess I found it funny how young we can be when we learn cause and effect and change our behavior so it doesn't happen again. She is such a good baby and still rarely if ever cries. I often find her in her crib cooing and playing these days to let me know she is awake. Just last week I changed her to size 2 diapers. I think she is going through a growth spurt she has been eating a lot. She had her 1st stuffy nose the last couple days but nothing some saline and a bulb syringe can't fix but oh sometimes what I would give to have a suction canister and a BBG for those boogers I can't quite get. Our front room have turned into what appears to be a baby circus. With her play mat, exersaucer, bumbo, and bouncer/swing, Hallie thinks the toys are cooler now then when she was at the age to play with them. Gracie has now become very good at grabbing toys/blankie/burprags and shoving them in her face to suck on. The bumbleball "thingy" toy is a favorite as well as a rattle with multiple little places for her to hold on to. I think the bumbo and exersaucer are her favorite the last couple days because she is able to be up and see whats going on. She has been sleeping between 10-12 hrs at night and then eats, plays for about an hour to an hour and a half, then back to sleep til I wake her up at her 4 hr mark again. This girl sleeps a lot! She has really started to pay attention when I read to her, she seems to like the pictures and actually focuses on them while I read. She is a very smiley/giggling baby. She actually laughs the best when you gently startle her(we found this out because we have had to teach Hallie to surprise her a little more gently:) She likes to watch basketball on Matt's lap(which he is very proud of). All and all God has given us 2 very happy and good kids(so thankful for this). We feel very blessed.

No comments: