Monday, June 25, 2012

Treehouse Summer Party

Every summer Treehouse Museum has a members only summer party. We have found that the couple parties they have during the year are way fun and that we have to attend when we can so Thursday while Matt took the trailer to Logan(for the MS Bike Race) I took the girls to the party. The theme this year was dragons. They had statiions to make dragon hats, dragon wands, a puppet show, and a dragon and knight to meet and have pictures with. First Hallie wanted nothing to do with the knight and dragon and was terrified that the dragon would get her so no pic of that. We first made a dragon hat then headed to help dance a Chinese dragon dance(she really like this)

We had to stop and play with the trains on our way to the puppet show
 Hallie thought it was so cool that we could take a picture of our reflection
 Then as we were leaving they gave everyone creamies for the treat(I don't blame them for not wanting them inside) It was a beautiful night so we decided to walk down to the fountains and eat our popsicles. Hallie is so full of personality and so fun at this age. She love popsicles and to play in in the water so it was a great combination.
 
Gracie was content to be along for the ride. I really think I am finally getting the hang of taking both the girls to events by myself. I don't think I ever recognized how much planning and work it can be to take 2 kids somewhere instead of 1 but so worth it. Silly enough I really do find it an accomplishment to take them somewhere where we get to stay as long as we want and we all leave happy and not stressed. This night was a great one!
 
 I guess she is getting to the posing stage, she loves those sparkle shoes grandma gave her
 While we were getting some stuff for Matt's race Hallie saw the pop rocks and wondered what they were...I couldn't resist(what kid doesn't like pop rocks). She said they made her mouth "sparkle"
 I love my girls and all the time I get to spend with them. Yes I do get frustrated and yell on occasion but I wouldn't change anything because when the end of the day comes and I make sure both are tucked in before I go to bed watching them sleep brings everything back into perspective. Im so lucky that my heavenly father has entrusted me with 2 of his special daughters.

No comments: