Sunday, July 29, 2012

Camping we will go...not again for a while!

Friday after Matt got off work we headed to Hyrum and up Blacksmith Fork Canyon to Friendship camp ground. We were invited by some friends to camp Friday and and boat Saturday. I am no dirt camper unless its next to a lake so this was a bit of a stretch for me but decided to give it a go. We got there just in time to set up camp and start dinner. We went with the Lewis,Calders, Gulls, and Brunsons. I do have to say the families we went with all have older kids and we have the younger girls that require more supervision. I love that my girls are little and hope they grow up slowly so I can enjoy every minute but it can be quite frustrating and exhausting to be with families with grown kids that can be pretty much independent, don't worry about naps, and whether or not they need to be fed.  But we always give it a shot luckily I have a wonderful husband that is always a huge help
 The kids played in and by the creek before dinner...before it got cool.

 After dinner we built a fire and roasted marshmallows before putting the kids to bed and playing games. The weather was perfect and cooled down so we slept pretty well. We got up about 8:30 minus Gracie who slept til 10..she must like camping in a tent. Hallie loved sleeping in the tent with her princess air mattress and sleeping bag I couldn't resist taking some pictures of her in her camping PJs.
 Here is how Gracie slept..she must have been comfy I was a little concerned both girls would get cold but neither of them complained.
After we got everything packed up we headed down the canyon to Hyrum Dam to do some boating. We got there and got everything set up just in time for the wind to start. It blew so hard we had sand everywhere and ultimately ended up heading for home after eating lunch full of sand. Both girls fell asleep quick and slept til we got home. We had a good time getting to know new friends and getting to play in the dirt. But I think were done running, at least for a couple of days, we need a break. I now have laundry to do from 2 trips so if you need my Ill be home...doing laundry.

No comments: