Sunday, July 15, 2012

Our New Toy

I am extra proud of this new toy for the steps we took to purchase it. Matt and I have always been very fortunate to always have plenty of money in order to live and to save. So in the past when we wanted something we just go out and buy it. In an effort to teach Hallie some concept of money and to save more money we decided we would have to save all the money for the trampoline on top of the money we were all ready saving for other other stuff. We decided a couple of months ago to go to a cash system for most of our purchases and budget better since once the money was gone we had no more to spend. I have been quite impressed how it has changed my perception of our money and the purchases we make. Many things that once seemed like necessities now I know certainly are not. And in a matter of a month we managed to save the money for a new trampoline. Hallie loves it and I can't wait for it to cool down so I can let her jump on it all day.

No comments: