Monday, October 11, 2010

Conference Weekend


(The common scene at our house conf. weekend. Hallie watching Little Einsteins with blanket, towel, and binki.)
This past conference weekend was different than any other we have ever had at our house. Hallie got her flu shot on Monday at her 1 yr appt. Which ended up being a big costly mistake. Wed morning I woke up because hallie was screaming I found her covered in throw up..poor girl. She had no idea what was going on. So I got her up just in time for her to throw up again over my shoulder. Matt got up to help me and together we got the house and Hallie cleaned up. I immediately went into nurse mode and got us set up before Matt left for work. The throwing up continued for 2 days and then the diarrhea started. Well Thurs night Matt got sick and I followed Fri. By sunday we were for the most part on the mend. I lysoled the entire house and did 8 loads of laundry(thats a lot for us! Hallie is such a good little sick person she would play until she started to not feel well then she wanted to be held until she threw up then back to playing. We were definitely a hot mess. But one plus was we laid on the couch and watch all four sessions of conference! Although I would never wish that on anyone or for it to happen again it was so refreshing to really listen to the messages that were shared at conference. I think the general feeling I took from conference was how blessed Matt and I really are. I'm sure there are times in all of our lives that we feel extremely picked on and like god has surely forgotten us but that is never the case. I am extremely blessed with so many things I don't even know where to start. But one that I could ever mistake is for Matt he is an amazing person that truely is the only perfect match out there for me. He is so driven and at the same time patient and loving. He does an awesome job supporting us and I am so blessed that I get to stay home with Hallie. Love you babes! Eternity will never be long enough!

No comments: