Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Going to Grandmas

So for Christmas this year we were lucky enough to get to go to Vegas to spend with my family. I love when we find flights that make it just as cheap to fly as to drive and this was one of those cases. Its hard to have the feeling of Christmas without spending time with my family and all the traditions I grew up with so I was ready to go long before our flight came. Hallie had been sick with adnavirus so it had been a long week and I was much looking forward to the many wonderful babysitters that awaited our arrival. Hallie enjoyed playing in the suitcases while we figured out where to put everything.


Getting to and from the airport was pretty smooth thanks to Brit who arranged for their wonderful neighbor to take us. Last time we flew with Hallie was before she was mobile and that made it alot easier but she was still the best kid on the plane...with lots of snacks and stories! The best part is the 8 hr drive becomes a 1 hr flight(doesn't get much better than that. Our happy little fam

We collected our luggage and continued to passenger pickup with our circus looking setup with 4 suitcases, a stroller, diaper bag, and backpack. My parents picked us up and off to let the fun begin. Everyone else had arrived earlier in the week so we were excited to see everyone. I know the day will come when we don't get to spend time several days together over the holidays so we make the most of it. My dad and mom had plenty planned and wonderful food, and kim had gotten together a lot of fun games. Unfortunately Hallie was having none of it so she got put to bed and we continued to enjoy ourselves.

No comments: