Saturday, December 4, 2010

Thanksgiving

One thing I have realized is the older you get the more the definition of spending the holidays with family changes. Sadly as this world seems to be evolving it also keeps us busier and more tied down in order to kepp life as we know it going. Unfortunately this year was one of those years for us. Matt's family decided to go to Reno and because of work conflicts we were unable to go. Growing up we spent alternating years with my entire extended family. I have many memories of having dinner at grandma harris's with all of our cousins, great food, and football. I really do miss that and I think everyday I realize more and more that I wish I would have enjoyed the time more as a kid. I remember always wanting to be a little older wanting to drive, be done with school, ect. I hope I'm not. alone in this? But fortunately I have learned and so I am now trying to live more in the moment than for the future. But fortunately having a wonderful family my Aunt Jeanette and Uncle Jay have allowed us on more than one occasion to be welcomed as one of their own. Thanksgiving was no different so the morning of Thanksgiving we headed to Tremonton. My aunt and grandma made wonderful food. An we enjoyed the great company. Hallie loved playing with Dillon, Lexi, and Dana. They are all really good kids and played really cute with Hallie. The 2 girls fought over who got to sit by us at dinner..there is nothing better than being fought over.haha

Enjoying her food to much to smile for the camera.



Cleaning up

This is what happens after to much food and to many hours of fun!

All and all we had a wonderful quiet and relaxing Thanksgiving. We are so blessed to have wonderful family who always make us feel welcome. Thanks Gills for adopting us for the weekend.

No comments: