Monday, January 30, 2012

2 Weeks





Wish I could say that time has slowed down since our little Gracie arrived but unfortunately the days seem to go faster than ever. At her 2 week appt Gracie weighed in at 8lbs 4oz(43%) and 20.5in long(52%) we aren't sure what to do with a child that has made it out of the single digits percentile wise since Hallie hasn't in her 2 1/2 years. She is healthy and growing well. She is a great baby and was pretty much born with a babywise schedule. She eats every 3-4 hours during the day is awake for about an hour and then sleeps until we repeat it all again. At night she sleeps 4-5 hours and then goes right back to bed. She eats between 3-6oz at a time and luckily has never been spitty to this point. She is however a big pooper and has blow thru several outfits in her first couple of weeks. The sleep deprivation although minor compared to some of my friends is killer with Hallie I slept when she did and now having 2 that isn't always the case. I feel like when they are both sleeping that I have a lot to accomplish but recently have found that I get more done and everyone is more happy if I get some extra sleep when I can. The guilt has been really difficult no matter what I do I feel like one of the girls isn't getting the attention they deserve so when Hallie does nap I hold Gracie usually for the entire time Hallie is asleep(2-3 hours) it helps me feel better. Hallie is a huge help and want to get me everything for Gracie. She also wants to have her picture taken every time we take Gracies' picture which is nice because she was at a point she didn't want her picture taken before the baby.I am learning that getting out of the house is a bit more of a chore than it used to be and can't be done quickly unless we look like we just got out of bed it can be frustrating at times that it is noon and no one is ready for the day but I am trying to focus on the fact that we are all fed, teeth brushed, and have at least clean PJs on. So to sum it all up we are adjusting and will someday be back to fully organized and somewhat sane.

No comments: