Sunday, September 23, 2012

Learning a new skill to make something old...new

My grandparents had this dresser in their bedroom for as long as I can remember. When my grandpa passed away I asked for it rather than sending it to the DI and decided to try to figure out how to refinish it...Im kinda sentimental like that. Here are the before pictures.


 I think it turned out really well and was pretty simple to refinish with the right supplies. I let Hallie pick out the knobs since it was going in her room she narrowed it down to these or purple flowers and had some encouraging to pick these ones after that. She thinks they are cool since their flowers. And here are the after pictures.


2 comments:

Becca Lund said...

this is darling! I wish I could refinish furniture, but I guess I'll just hire you to do it for me! ha!

Lindsay said...

That looks fantastic! I love it!