Friday, February 10, 2012

I don't need a nap

I have heard this a lot lately at our house. Although I am unsure if it is part of her adjusting to Gracie or just her getting older Hallie hasn't been napping and if she does it isn't for very long. She is like her mom and her aunts on my side and gets very cranky very quickly when she doesn't get her rest so needless to say we have had many moments of deep breathing and reminding myself that she is only 2 which is very frustrating when I know what a happy child she is when she does sleep. I really hope it is just adjusting because I love that she naps...it keeps me sane and gives me some one on one time with Gracie. The other day she informed me she wasn't tired but when I told her she couldn't watch a show she totally melted down and I told her that if she was going to throw a fit to go to her room so I didn't have to listen to her until she could be happy. I went down a few minutes later to find this....her on the floor sound asleep...yeah she wasn't tired!

2 comments:

Becca Lund said...

too cute! I love this age.

Lindsay said...

haha! It seems like the more they fight the nap, the more tired they actually are. Cute stuff!