Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Cooper's Blessing Weekend

This past weekend we headed up to Idaho Falls, ID to attend Cooper's baby blessing. All of the girls headed out to lunch while our hubbies watched the kids. We did a bit of shopping, and had some frozen yogurt at Orange Leaf. Justin made some yummy elk burgers for dinner. The few bits I had were so good but I was so stuffed from lunch I didn't get to eat a whole one...regreting that!


We spent some time getting the food ready for the brunch which is totally my elements..I love to cook and spend time in the kitchen and Brit seems to always capture that.

Then we had some cuddle time withour hubbies and watched a movie...can you ever get enough cuddle time?!?!?!(Probably NOT) The blessing was beautiful, Justin did an amazing job.


We had a great brunch, played some games, and fullfilled our baby hungryness..at least for now. So of coarse one of my favorite parts was the fact that there were TWO babies to love and cuddle(aka less sharing?).

Matt also spent his fair share of time loving on both Livy and Cooper.

We had a great time and to be honest I was a little nervous..I am a protective mom, Hallie is very scheduled and it works for us so I have always been worried about naps and sleeping with all of the kids around. But it has also limited the time we spend and our relationship with Matt's family. So after long discussion Matt and I decided now that Hallie is getting older we would give it a shot. We are glad we did! Hallie did great and slept through more noise than I knew she could. Ris's kids were so good to tell the other kids to be quiet and let Hallie nap in their rooms. I know it sounds silly but it ment a lot to me. So hopefully in no time I will feel more like one of the sisters(and not just an inlaw) and act more myself. I hope this is the beginning of feeling more like a part of the brower family and many more fun trips together.

2 comments:

J and Ris said...

We were thrilled to have you and your cute family here this weekend!! That was such a fun girls afternoon and we need to do it again soon!! Thanks for spending time up here in our neck of the woods. You're amazing!!

Brittany said...

It WAS a great weekend and I can't wait to do it again soon!! And Nat, you ARE a sister, not just an inlaw...I hope you know that! Lova ya!!